Pages

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Lesbians denied to dance

In Mississippi, a school closed the prom because a student who happened to be lesbian wanted to go with her  girlfriend. American Civil Liberties Union (ACLU) is suing the school because closing the prom for that reason is against freedom of expression which just so happens to be what democracy is based upon. But a rule was made on Feb 5 that stated that prom dates must be between a man and the opposite sex. What’s the matter if she went on a date with her girlfriend? Would the sky fall down? I hope that the American Civil Liberties Union wins and that the prom is reinstated. I hope also that the girl's life is not exposed to much, or attacked because now she is an icon something that she may have never wanted to happen.


"All I wanted was the same chance to enjoy my prom night like any other student. But my school would rather hurt all the students than treat everyone fairly," said the student
"This isn't just about me and my rights anymore -- now I'm fighting for the right of all the students at my school to have our prom."
http://www.cnn.com/2010/LIVING/03/11/mississippi.prom.suit/index.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any highly offensive matter will be deleted whether it be solid, water, gas or plasma. No comments from outsiders represent the opinions of Owner and Doggy or vanillaman. We reserve the right to delete any comments without explanation.